Lessons learned from taking home a Turbo SL and using it on the trail:
1. This bike is fun, very fun!
2. You have to work to get anywhere on an ebike. You can't just put in in low gear and expect the bike to do the work for you. If you are in low gear, you are producing very little torque, so the ebike matches that with little torque. You need to be putting in appropriate effort and cadence in the correct gear to get optimal results. Yes, you get exercise.
3. Yes, ebikes make climbing a blast, but actually make going downhill better and safer too. The added weight and lower center of gravity keeps the bike planted to the ground and tight in the turns.
4. Ebikes give you more opportunities to ride. If you have limited ride time, knowing that you can get a reasonable distance covered in that time is very motivating. Just get out and do it!
5. Try one. Your opinion of ebikes will be forever changed and so will your ride.
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
A superlight e-MTB with 150mm of travel that doubles your pedaling power and handles like a nimble trail bike? As light as 17.35 kilograms? Conventional wisdom says that’s impossible—e-bikes can’t be playful. Fortunately, the Turbo Levo SL doesn’t give a darn about conventional wisdom. Instead, the Turbo Levo SL crushes long rides, loves to get rowdy, and completely redefines the modern mountain bike experience.
Since 1974, we’ve had one goal: Innovate and inspire to improve riders’ lives. So, when we developed our first electric bike in 2009, we knew it had to ride and feel like a great bike first—something we’d really love to ride ourselves. We wanted you to feel like you were on a “regular” bike, but that somehow, you’d grown superhero legs. Our core mission still hasn’t changed. It’s now, and forever will be, our promise for every Turbo: It’s you, only faster.