Fuel EXe 9.8 XT
Fuel EXe 9.8 XT is a new breed of mountain bike that brings nearly invisible power to the trail in an e-package that's compact and adapts to your riding. It's fully loaded with a tiny but mighty TQ transmission that gives you assist when you need it but disappears for a true trail bike feel on descents. A carbon fiber frame keeps your ride light and responsive, and an upgraded RockShox suspension package pairs with Shimano XT shifting to finish the build with the perfect balance of performance and price.
It's right for you if...
You're a trail rider who wants the best of both traditional and e-mountain bikes. You don't want to compromise on nimble control for power, but want a little assist on the ups. You appreciate the latest technology and want upgrades where they matter most. You don't want to lose out on the natural experience of mountain biking and want a refined motor that quietly assists while you ride.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame equipped with a fully-encased 360Wh battery and TQ harmonic pin ring transmission with a smart charging port, integrated LED display, and discreet handlebar remote. Plus, a 150mm RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork with DebonAir spring and Charger 2.1 RC damper, and 140mm RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ rear suspension. All wrapped up with the precise shifting and modulation of a Shimano XT drivetrain.
The final word
Fuel EXe 9.8 is an e-bike that evolved for the trail, with a lively and playful ride on descents and intuitive assist that adapts to your riding on the climbs. Its equipped with a tiny and powerful TQ transmission that tucks away quietly so you can stay in the moment on the trail, and is finished off with precise shifting of Shimano XT, carbon wheels, and an upgraded suspension package, putting your money where it matters most.
Why you'll love it
- It finds the perfect balance between a traditional and electric ride, with adaptive assist that disappears under you on climbs, and a nimble ride that feels natural and playful on descents
- Its tiny but mighty TQ motor is tuned for the trail, keeping things quiet so you can stay in the moment, and ramps up power with you for a natural ride feel
- The smart charge port, sleek integrated display, and discreet controls keep the bike looking and feeling like a traditional mountain bike
- It keeps your ride silky smooth even when the trail gets rowdy thanks to the upgraded RockShox suspension package that offers 150mm of front and 140mm of rear travel
- You'll be able to add on a range extender when you want a little extra fuel in the tank for big days on the bike