It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
A sturdy aluminum frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and a simple 1x10 Shimano drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. The wide-range cassette still gives you all the gears you need for big climbs and steep descents. Plus a suspension fork with a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
Marlin 6 gives you upgrades you'll notice on every ride, like the smooth, simple shifting Shimano drivetrain. Extra-strong double-walled rims and powerful hydraulic disc brakes give you durability and stopping power for your most rugged adventures on the trail, in town, and everywhere in between.
avorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XXS, XS, and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XXS through S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty